Learning to eat with new dentures takes a little patience and practice. Our Surrey dentist recommends that you stick to soft, easy to eat foods while you adjust to your new dentures. Here are a few tasty suggestions to get you started.
You will be required to stick to a diet of soft foods and liquids after your extraction, and when you first get fitted for your new dentures.
To keep your meals interesting and appetizing during this time it's a good idea to plan ahead and stock up on foods you will enjoy.
Here are a few soft food suggestions from our Surrey dentist to get you started:
Soft Foods Suggestions For People with New Dentures
- Ripe avocados
- Noodles and pasta
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Oatmeal or porridge
- Canned soups (if you prefer not to cook)
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
- Low sodium vegetable juice
- Regular or baked beans
- A variety of sauces
Sweet Foods & Treats
- Fruit juice
- Ice cream and custard (when you're in the mood for a treat)
- Smoothies and milkshakes
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Apple Sauce
- Muffins, pancakes, and waffles
Keeping your fridge stocked with lots of ready to eat soft meals can help to make those first few days with dentures a little bit easier.